Join Our Winning Team
We are always looking to add talented professionals to our team. Advance your career with A&M Global Careers & Consulting Inc.
Total Rewards and Compensation Specialist
The Total Rewards Specialist is a contract position that supports the U.S. Total Rewards team by providing effective project management, data gathering and analytics, program administration, and general support in executing the company’s total rewards (compensation, benefits, work-life and learning) programs, initiatives, and strategic objectives.
The incumbent will support the Manager, Total Rewards / Compelling Total Offer and team.
In addition to the role’s main responsibility of project management, the Specialist will assist with trend scouting and evaluating market-competitive programs and perks that attract, retain and engage talent, drive customer success and further client’s employer brand image.
Other critical support duties include program administration (invoice reconciliation, basic reporting, etc.) of the company’s recognition program and matching gifts vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business field required
- HR, project management and/or Six Sigma certifications or accreditations desirable
- 3-5 years’ experience in project management, communications, HR, compensation and benefits or equivalent background is required
- Strong presentation and communication skills required
- Professional certification(s) desirable
- Proven project management skills and experience managing complex and/or cross-functional project(s)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (consulting and influencing) required
- Strong technical and analytical skills, problem solving and resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage tasks is required.
- Provides proactive Project Management support for key total rewards projects through their various lifecycle stages to ensure successful completion and impact. Specifically:
- Sets appropriate expectations in accordance with the project plan to align key stakeholders and team members;
- Executes tasks relevant to Total Rewards as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals; and
- Manages project risks and employs risk mitigation strategies by working closely with the Manager, Total Rewards/ Compelling Total Offer and the Total Rewards Programs Manager.
- Handles day-to-day administrative aspects of company’s regional recognition and philanthropy programs and vendors, including billing, running special reports, and providing information to the vendor, as needed.
- Researches industry trends to understand what is next for total rewards and evaluates market-driven solutions and vendors to identify potential cost-effective and competitive solutions to total reward initiatives and needs for the corporation.
- Ensures company rewards programs and offerings are effectively communicated and driven within the respective country/ business/function by assisting with authoring, compiling, and editing communication materials.
- Conducts analyses on program metrics (budget, usage, effectiveness, KPIs, etc.) and makes recommendations for program improvements.
- Provide support with fulfilment for special initiatives and events, as needed
- Constantly shifting external talent landscape and increasing and changeable demands from internal talent require the skills and mindset of a curious, data-driven, and influential HR / Total Rewards professional.
- Level of Autonomy/Decision Making Responsibility:
- This role will have a fairly high level of autonomy, particularly as it relates to project management and execution of key tasks and project objectives.
- Decision making will be limited to the core aspects and tasks associated with the role, but would likely not extend to decisions potentially impacting the enterprise on a broad scale.
- This role is primarily about furthering key projects and efforts from a “manpower” perspective.
- Date Posted 2021-07-09
- Location Canada
- Job ID AMG127
- Job Type Full-Time
- Apply this Job